Clergy who have been ordained overseas

Permission to officiate in the Church of England needs to be obtained from the Diocesan Bishop and the Archbishop of Canterbury if the member of clergy was ordained overseas (this does not  include the Scottish Episcopal Church, the Church of Ireland, or the Church in Wales, whose ministry is already recognized).

To minister without having obtained the Archbishop’s Permission, even for one service, is an ecclesiastical offence for which proceedings may be taken under the Clergy Discipline Measure 2003. Applications are made under the Overseas and Other Clergy (Ministry and Ordination) Measure 1967. Further details, including how to apply, can be found here.